This is one of the films I’d seen before, but only once and prior to owning it on DVD. My previous watching of it was probably on the DVD that I now own though, as it’s another one of Jamie’s cast-offs. I actually watched it on Netflix last night though, just because it was there (and you don’t have to endure piracy warnings and ancient trailers). I’d remembered really enjoying the film, though couldn’t actually remember much about it, other than there being snow and Frances McDormand. I think because I’d remembered it being really good, my expectations were higher and I didn’t actually enjoy it as much this time. I did still enjoy it, it’s a good film, but I didn’t love it. I didn’t make many notes either, but the ones I did are here:
- Is this genuinely based on a true story?
- I’d forgotten how much film there is before you get to the stuff with Frances McDormand
- That red jacket’s quite conspicuous
- It seems fitting to end this weekend with a snowy film
- Oh yeah?
- This film’s making me hungry. I’m going to have some waffles.
- Ew, gross.