I had a slight debate with myself as to whether to include this on the list or not. I first saw it at the cinema, as won free tickets, plus haven’t watched it since buying it on DVD a couple of years ago, but I did once kinda watch it for a second time, in between those 2 occasions, as I bought it for Jamie on DVD and we watched it for a 2nd time together. This should have made it ineligible for inclusion on this list, but as I fell asleep during that 2nd viewing (I was tired and that sofa was ridiculously comfortable), I decided not to count it. So this was my 2nd full-length viewing of the film. It was still as fun and quirky and enjoyable as I’d remembered. It’s not up there with Amelie, but hey, it’s still great.
My bullet-pointed thoughts whilst watching:
- Can you still get Laughing Cow cheeses?
- I love the old-style credits
- They’re like Wombles. Or Bagpuss.
- There’s a mouse! Gotta be Bagpuss.
- Gotta love a film with a load of misfits
- No one does quirky quite like the French
- Waffles with rum in the batter? I like her style.
- That briefcase trick is ace
- Sadistic fly killing
- That’s the Amelie cafe, right?
- Such a lovely film