After watching ‘Mother!’ last year, I had a bit of an Aronofsky downloading binge, which included this film. I thought it was good, though I didn’t enjoy it as much as Black Swan or Mother!, or even Requiem For A Dream (if ‘enjoy’ is the right word for that film…).
It’s a difficult one to describe, so here are my bullet-pointed thoughts made whilst watching it:
- This all seems a bit Lord Of The Rings
- This feels tranquil and tense at the same time
- I’m liking all the stars and twinkly lights
- That bath’s not big enough for that! You’re going to injure yourself on the taps.
- It’s a monkey?
- Agh, it’s Hector Salamanca! Looking like Obi Wan Kenobi.
- He he, ‘bondage’
- This is like something out of an adventure game
- I’ve got a really itchy foot (unrelated to the film. I think)
- Ah. Oh. Ow! Ew.
- He he, ‘bondage’ again
- Sap or semen?
- It’s like Grim Fandango!
- Ooh blimey