I downloaded this due to my general enjoyment of Lars Von Trier films. It was good, but not up there with my favourites of his, I have to say. There were some great ideas in it and I really liked the overall storyline, but it just didn’t totally click with me for some reason. Maybe I wasn’t quite in the right frame of mind for it, I don’t know. It took a while to get going and felt a little too long. I really liked the whole end section though.
Here are the thoughts I had whilst watching it:
- That’s some messy drinking
- Yikes. That guy’s creepy.
- This feels so awkward and weird
- Penises are pretty funny
- OK, getting a little sinister
- That doesn’t look like a fun job
- Bless her
- Yeah, bit of T.Rex
- Woah. I can’t see this film having a happy ending.
- Oh god…
- Wow, those are some mean kids
- What are you doing? Don’t do that!
- This must have reached peak depressing now, right?
- The music choices are great