I downloaded this towards the end of last year, after Kevin Clifton and Susan Calman did the routine inspired by it on Strictly. It’s a film that I’d caught bits of on TV on a few occasions, but I’d never seen the whole thing. I was surprised by how comedic and silly it was, especially early on, but I mean that as a compliment. It was an enjoyable and fun watch; a nice contrast to some of the darker films I’ve watched recently.
Here are the thoughts I had whilst watching it:
- That’s quite the look. It’s Peter Stringfellow meets Leland Palmer.
- Ha ha, this is funnier than I’d expected / remembered
- Don’t just leave her glasses there. Rude.
- Nice sky
- Love this song
- Hee hee, I just remembered that slot machines are called pokies in Australia and New Zealand. Hee hee, pokies.
- ‘Show me your Paso Doble’ is quite an unusual taunt
- The dad’s my favourite