I’m genuinely not sure what I thought of this film. I mostly enjoyed it and it had some great moments and ideas, but it definitely felt too long, plus I felt somewhat underwhelmed by the ending.
Slightly spoilery here, but… the opening of the film set me up for some really contrived, intricate set of events, which is what I thought all the separate stories were going to lead to, but then suddenly it’s like ‘nope, here’s a load of frogs falling from the sky, because hey, weird things just happen sometimes’. I mean, it was a memorable image – it was a hell of a lot of frogs – but I was expecting my mind to be blown in some way. My mind felt too un-blown.
Anyway, here are the thoughts I had whilst watching it:
- This already seems like my kinda film
- Yay, Aimee Mann
- Tom Cruise is a good creepy, misogynystic, pick-up-artist dick
- Jealousy traps? Ugh.
- Hee hee, Jiffy Lube. That’s never not a funny name.
- This kid’s awesome (Edit: Wait, this just reminded me, you never find out what the deal was with the dead guy in the closet!)
- I should really get back into Desperate Housewives some time
- Yeah, you tell them Julianne!
- No, dog
- He’s worryingly reminding me of my ex there
- Yes, lady! You get him.
- I thought she was his daughter!
- Curious how this is all going to come together
- This is a bit too real and disturbing
- This is a weird moment
- There’s a lot of awful men in this film
- I like these 2
- Yeah, I thought that’s where that was going
- Is that the only song he has?
- That’s a lot of frogs
- OK, it’s gone slightly bonkers
- Ha ha ha ha ha