No, not the TV-spinoff thing with Jack Whitehall, it’s the Pedro Almodovar film.
I’m not entirely sure if I’d seen this film before, which is slightly worrying as it’s fairly memorable. Bits of it seemed really familiar, but a lot of it didn’t, so I think parts of it are just reminiscent of other Almodovar films. He does love a film within a film.
Anyway, deja vu aside, I really enjoyed it. Definitely one of my favourites of his.
Here are the thoughts I had whilst watching it:
- I didn’t think I’d seen this before, but it does seem very familiar
- Ha ha, I definitely don’t remember this bit
- OK, yeah, I’d definitely have remembered Gael Garcia Bernal in drag. It’s rather fabulous.
- What are they going to do?
- It’s seeming familiar again now. My memory for films is terrible.
- That was unexpected
- Oh god
- OK, yeah, I’m pretty sure I hadn’t seen that before. It’s pretty memorable.