I downloaded this after perusing Kristen Bell’s filmography on IMDB. It sounded decent so I thought I’d check it out. Kristen’s not actually in it that much, but I enjoyed it. There’s nothing particularly stand-out about it, but it’s a good watch and flew by. I’m more than happy with a film that focuses on love and writing. I felt a degree of kinship with Josh Boone (the writer) and not just because he likes Bright Eyes and Elliott Smith!
The thoughts I had whilst watching:
- Spying on your ex wife is pretty creepy
- I’d forgotten Jennifer Connelly was in this
- Yes! I’m with you dude. I write stuff in order to not have to say it out loud.
- I’m not convinced that I’d write better if I was slutty
- This relationship’s reminding me a bit of (500) Days Of Summer (or at least my vague memory of it)
- Liking the hat
- That’s a very seasonal seduction line
- Please don’t choose a laptop based on the colour of it
- Good album choice (Bright Eyes)
- Nice song choice now! (Between The Bars)
- I like that you’re actually seeing couples getting to know each other – sharing their favourite things etc. This is too often missing from romantic films – they’ll just suddenly be in love and you don’t get why.
- That’s still creepy, dude.
- Don’t go spying in drawers when the door’s open, ya muppet
- You shouldn’t spring public speaking on people. That’s just evil.
- I could just eat a Chinese takeaway
- I like it when my drink matches what they’re drinking on TV (red wine in this case)